Picking out the Men's Wedding Ring
Picking out the men's wedding ring can sometimes be more difficult then picking out the woman's ring. Here are some questions to ask yourself when choosing your ring.
1) What is the Price? Men do not like to spend money on jewelry. Money can be spent on a tool set or a big screen television perhaps, but not on a ring. Most men are not going to be impressed if you spent a lot of money on a ring. They would much rather hear that you got a killer deal on it. Definitely do not feel obligated to spend a lot of money on your ring. Anything that does not turn his finger green will probably work just fine.
2) What Size? How large does you man want his wedding ring? The width of the band is something you should think about. Some men like just thin bands while others like very thick ones. This is something that you need to consider.
3) What is His Style? What does your husband-to-be like? Is he more of a traditional person or does he like things that are new and unique. This is usually a good indicator of what he wants in a ring. Some men are completely satisfied with the standard gold band; however, others like to find what is new in the market such as a tungsten ring.
4) Is There a Way to make it meaningful? It is always nice to make the ring meaningful. For example, you can pick the style of his father's or your father's wedding. Possibly there is a family heirloom that can be passed on to him or maybe there is something that you can engrave onto his ring. If possible, try to give significance to the ring.
5) Should it match my wedding Band? In most cases, the man's ring matches the woman's ring, but this is not always the case. If you are not sure what to get, it is always safe to get matching set but make sure to talk to him about it, he could possible have something else in mind.
6) Does he want to be Part of the Process? This is probably the most important question. Maybe he knows exactly what he wants for his ring and you are worrying about picking one out for him for no reason. It is traditional for the man and the woman to select their rings together. While he may be completely disinterested, let him have the chance to be a part of the decision. This ring will be on his finger for quite some time, so he should get a say in the matter.
Don't let picking out your ring become too difficult of a task. Just remember to pick something that fits him and his personality and make sure to invite him to be a part of the process. When picking out your ring, it is time to think about what he likes (since he is the one wearing it) instead of what you want for him. Make him happy. The bottom line here is to know your man.