Five Questions to Ask a Wedding Videographer
It's not unusual for couples to spend six months to a year planning their wedding; there are many details to attend to and choices to make. One of the most important is how you choose to capture these precious moments.
Unfortunately, more than one couple has experienced the shock of arranging the ceremony and reception so that everything is perfect in the big picture; the decorations are lovely and the musicians are playing their favorite tunes. But suddenly they realize that something is missing-how are they going to remember all of this?
Wedding video captures the action and fun that takes place around your photos. Every couple has an idea of how they want their wedding to be; the essence of this should be captured in the video.
First, check with your church and reception venue to be clear on their rules about filming. Second, to be sure that every moment from the exchange of wedding rings to your honeymoon departure is portrayed in the way you want, ask the videographer the following questions:
- What type of video camera will be used? The video quality of a standard camcorder is not the same as a Hi8 or DV. Choose 3-chip CCD cameras for the highest playback quality that will remain consistent over the years.
- What type of back-up equipment do they have; is it on the same level as their standard working gear?
- How do they dress for work? A wedding videographer should be unobtrusive and use wireless microphones. Most importantly, their attire should be in keeping with that of the wedding guests.
- How many cameras will be used; if 2 cameras are used, is the fee for the second videographer included in the package price?
- How many wedding videos have they produced? Take a look at samples of their previous work and make sure it meets your expectations.
Once you are satisfied with the answers they provide and the pricing, give them all of the specific information that they need for your wedding. Then you and your partner can relax and enjoy all of the activities of your wedding day and relive the moments of your wedding video for many years to come.